Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Anal Triangle

The tour is officially underway.  We played Aarschot, Belgium last night at a ridiculously awesome venue.  There were automatic dispensers that sold exclusively the following items: drum sticks, guitar strings, and condoms.  I was flabbergasted.  It's a publicly run youth center named De Klinker that has practice space for bands and two stages and a skate park.  We spent the pre-show period backstage watching Bear Grylls and nursing a bottle of Jameson.  There were also attempts to do a two person summersault, but thats all I'm going to say about that.  Other than the fact that Mark and I were the only successful team.  It left me feeling cheap and used.

We then spent the night in a cheeeeaaaaapp hotel.  Everything seemed to be automated: showers, toilets, breakfast.  I felt like I was living in a machine.  Not that it wasn't nice to have a clean bed and breakfast and coffee ready when I woke up.

The anal triangle refers to three towns in Belgium that seem to have reference to butts.  Few have ever left alive.  It is suspected that they simply never reemerged from the depths.  Luckily we did not suffer the same fate.

And lastly, Tha List (aka El Listo).  Its our bucket list for the tour.  Most of it will remain a tour secret, but I will reveal one goal for the trip: to be accepted into a pack of animals.  We don't fuck around.

No comments:

Post a Comment