Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tour: pre-departure

So I'm currently packing in preparation for this tour.  For anyone who doesn't know, I'll be heading across the pond for a European tour.  Its my first tour as a solo artist, but I'll also be playing in Tim Vantol's tour band.  I'll be keeping this blog as I experience all the different types of ridiculousness that will transpire.

My current headspace is conflicted on a few levels.  I've had some recent disappointments in my personal life and I'm definitely looking to the tour as a means to get away from them.  I'm also conflicted about the ethics of it all.  In order to finance the tour, I'll be selling CDs and Tshirts.  But I'm also pretty idealistic about living with a degree of humility and selling Tshirts with my name on them doesn't really appeal to me as a result.  That being said, I probably wouldn't be able to do this if I didn't have a bunch of merch to hawk.  So self-interest trumps ethics I suppose.  Isn't that the way it always is?  Its fine, I'll just blog about it so the world at least knows I'm conflicted about it.  That'll absolve me.

I'm also trying to figure out whether or not I intend to drink on it.  I know what half of you are thinking: "its fuckin tour, idiot!".  But I've really been feeling like alcohol is holding me back in some ways; a recent period of sobriety was one of the best times in my life.  Then a girl wandered into my life and sent my head into turmoil and I got away from that sobriety.  And now the debate rages.  Definitely falling on the side of sobriety at this point.  But who's to say really?  This debate has been a constant in my head for a decade or so.  Sure makes it less fun to drink.

Anyways.  I'm going on tour and its gonna be ridiculous.  Keep up with the shenanigans here.

No comments:

Post a Comment