Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Switzerland

The days and shows in Switzerland were all sort of interesting.  I think tour really set in a bit and I started missing a lot of things.  As a result I don't think I played quite as well as I had.  Its weird how the first thing I really started missing was my roommate's dog, Diesel.

The first show was in Geneva and I had really high hopes.  There were some misunderstandings at some point and I wound up with a short unplugged set sitting up on the bar.  I screamed my heart out to be heard and heard some positive reviews but it was the first set I played that I really struggled to draw positives from.  We played with Born To Lose and Pipes and Pints who were both really solid bands.  Also played again with our good friend Greg Laraigne and his band once again.

The next day we drove to the Huttwil area and immediately went exploring in some caves and were fed with the most delicious BBQ I've had in a long while.  The venue was totally empty until just before Greg Laraigne played the opening set and then it filled up with lots and lots of really drunk people.  My set went well and the Tim Vantol set was just an absurdly drunken endeavor.  The crowd was just stumbling over itself.  They seemed to be enjoying themselves, but I wasn't really into it in my sobriety.

Last night we played in Lenzburg which is one of the most beautiful towns I've ever been in.  There's a castle on the top of a big hill in the middle of the town.  We also got a 4 star hotel somehow.  Three of us ran up to the castle which was awesome and I continued a run off into the Swiss hills and woods.  Despite how much I enjoy the company of my tour buddies, it was nice to get away on my own off into the woods.

The show was in this pub owned by a couple of Scottish brothers.  The night got a bit out of control.  That's all there is to say about that.  ....well, not entirely.  There was a guitar sold to some Swiss guy.  There was some video footage that no one will ever see.  There was some head shaving.  Tim played a gazillion encores.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment